9.12.2005

Happy Birthday to me!

Even though it's technically over now... what a nice birthday weekend! Thank you, mr. d and friends!

Here's what went down... There was the ekcd BCPpI (Birthday Celebrity Putt-putt Invitational), here. A shot of the course... And guess what? I won first place! To EVERYONE's surprise, I think... it wasn't rigged, though. We still have the scorecards, if you want to check. mr. d had some nice prizes for us... I got a GC for Newbury Comics, 2nd place mr. w got Netflix for a month, and 3rd place mr. n got big-ass ice cream.

Amazingly, he opted for something smaller than this:

I think to save room for this at dinner, after:

Mmm... sushi and noodles. Is there anything better? I think I like the Fugakyu in Sudbury better than Brookline... cozier... and still soooo much food... and then there was this:

"Temptation Apple". Talk about food comas... and bad MSG headache before bed... but, it was worth it.

Yay! Then today, I slept late and woke up to pizzelles, presents, and my two favorite beings in the world, mr. d and daisy. (More on presents and nice friends tomorrow.) After much lounging about, we went to Cambridge 1 for yummy fresh salad (bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes & gorgonzola!) and wood-grilled pizza. Then mr. d patiently let me browse vintage beads and cute things. It was my birthday, after all!

Later we went out to eat AGAIN. Here. "World-famous" clam chowder, rolls, and cajun-grilled bluefish with mashed potatoes and broccoli (I think it may have been an entire head of broccoli).

Oh, and did I mention that there was cake after we got home? Goodnight, fat me. :)

No comments: