11.30.2005

I'm free! So I can start on this!!!

Fine, I might not get to work on it 'til this weekend. But isn't it PRETTY?

Well, okay, and maybe I'm not completely free, but the site has launched!!! There is still a ton of stuff to tweak and lots more things to add to the shop, but it's there! And it's all I've been doing for what seems like forever, so I'm not going to talk about it any more here. If you want to hear more about that, check the tr blog. Actually, there's not really that much there either. But it IS a bit more colorful.

It's been almost two weeks since last I went on and on about myself, so where should I begin? Well, part of why things have been so insane and I've spent every waking hour staring at the computer and some hours that I should have been sleeping too is that I didn't plan November very well. Actually, I didn't plan on waiting 'til November to launch, but that is another story. So, after our trip to Baltimore, I headed to NY to stay with the newly-wed mrs. s. and go to see U2.

U2! I have been dying to see them in concert forever, and it was AWESOME. I have never been to a show before where you pay an obscene amount of money, Madison Square Garden is PACKED, everyone knows the words to EVERY song, and at the end all you want to do is spend even MORE money next time to get the best possible seats you can get. Awesome.

*I almost forgot to write about the MOMA! I had to come back. There is too much to say, but I especially liked the SAFE: Design Takes On Risk exhibit. Full of crazy science and quirky designs, plus your necessary social commentary. :) Check out the cool concept of the patches here... not for nicotine, but for junk food! While in NY, I also pulled my normal stunt, which is to force everyone to eat too much food with me because I am panicked that I will not get such a good selection of food again in the near future. But no food pics 'cause I always forget in my rush to stuff everything in my face.

The other thing I do is to force everyone I want to see to eat together regardless of whether they know each other or not, because I am on a tight schedule. In this case, it was mrs. s, plus friends mr. c and mr. r-k, and we went to Pylos, which is right in mrs. s and mr. c's neighborhood. YUM. And, disturbingly, booked solid at 6:30 on Monday night. Wow. We only got a table because someone else's party was not as big as they said it would be. Anyway, there was too much food to deal with, and I couldn't pronounce ANYTHING on the menu, either. SO GOOD. Here's us outside after, minus the mrs. I am so full I am cross-eyed. Tuesday it was rainy so we stayed in until father of mrs. s arrived to meet us all for lunch. We went to Veselka, which really was as good as everyone kept saying it would be. I had borscht for the first time, which was much lighter than I thought it would be, and not to overuse the word, but GOOD. Plus, Chloe Sevigny came in and was sitting at the table next to us. Very random. Did I say YUM yet?

Anyway, I headed back north after that-- it was already getting insane with people leaving the city for the holiday. Which totally crept up on me, by the way. Thanksgiving has long been my favorite holiday, because I love pretty much all the foods associated with it, and really, what is better than eating a ridiculous amount of food and doing nothing else? Except maybe taking a nap and then getting up to eat MORE food. We had a nice at-home deal.


Since then, I've just been trucking away at the site. I owe the CD swap people an email, sorry. I have not been the slave-driver I'm supposed to be about that. But now that I'm free, it should be forthcoming, very soon. I think I might be ready for bed now. Sleep...yay!

No comments: