11.18.2005

I'm ready to hibernate now!

Am I the only one who wants to hide under the covers when it gets COLD? It dropped below 35 sometime this afternoon... brrrr. Stupid winter. Stupid no daylight. At least there is the miracle of this...

hot caramel apple cider-- basically it was the hot apple cider COVERED in whipped cream and drizzled with caramel. Very buttery cookie on the side. In case you missed me, here's what I've been doing: eating. Okay, I've been doing rhino work too... anyway, gotta give a shout-out to the V family for taking us to Vaccaro's while we were in Baltimore last weekend. All hail Vaccaro's:

Guess who was the insane person who got the oreo sundae? Or oreo ice cream cake with two scoops of vanilla gelato plus whipped cream, hot fudge and more oreo cookies? If you guessed me, you don't know me that well. Yup, it was my chocolate-loving spouse. I got the coconut napoleon thing... and even that was too much. We were in the middle of little italy and it was so much sugar that I was actually tempted to have dinner again after we were done. Don't think that B to the altimore was all sugar and cream puffs, though... we also saw Larry Flynt's stake in the city...


The best part was that the Hustler Club was on a WHOLE STREET full of awesome seedy strip joints. Luckily someone planned ahead and the police station was right on the middle of the block too. Sweet.

On the way back from Maryland we stopped in on River Road in Edgewater, NJ to go to the Mitsuwa Marketplace, supercool Japanese supermarket, food court and bookstore! Probably by far the largest concentration of Japanese people on the East Coast. CROWDED.

Basically I've been hiding out trying to get stuff ready for the Sampler and prepping for ANOTHER trip, this one to NY to see Bono & the Edge at MSG, and to go museum-hopping and window-shopping (with money I don't have) with the newly MRS. s.

Wow, that was a lot of non-pictureness. I will try to update the other blog tomorrow with updates on the Sampler goodies and yarn! and jewelry :) I think I might go to bed! And not even 2 a.m. yet. Okay, I might finish some other emails first... I will leave you with the nice Ethel M chocolates that mr. l brought back from Las Vegas after his rendezvous with the lovely ms. f... trust me, the box looks nothing like this anymore...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that harry left arm in the picture with the giant ice cream stack...I'm seen that before. Does it belong to the crazy Mr. V? I hope you guys are doing well...stay warm. Come visit Cali if you get too cold.

Anonymous said...

wow, I really can't type