11.07.2005

daytime updating? what is this "daytime updating"?

Next thing you know, I'll be up at dawn, we'll be eating early bird dinner specials at 4pm and mr. d and I will be in our (separate) beds by 8 sharp. And I'll be dressing in all purple and red. Hopefully I'll be one of the more stylish ones, like the lady at right with the sparkly cap and structured handbag.
I have to admit though, that I HAVE been feeling quite homebody-ish lately. This may also have to do with daylight savings (seriously, doesn't it feel like 10pm at 4:30 in the afternoon?! what is that about!?), and the chilly rain we've been having. Don't forget the RIDICULOUS snow of a week and a half ago, either!:

Luckily, things turned around and here I am at the playground not two days later. How cool is this thing? Another sign of my getting older: I was kinda scared up there.

It was a pretty tame weekend. Saturday someone got her first bath in over 6 weeks. No, it wasn't me. I am trying for 8 weeks. And we did errands, and I did (gasp!) Christmas shopping. Hey, they were having a big DVD sale... yesterday we were up at mr. d-senior's house for his birthday. In other words, we drove up 2 1/2 hours and visited, then ate too much food and got tired, and drove back 2 1/2 hours. Always a good time :).

Finally, at least for now, this weekend I ...(drum roll)... spun my own yarn! Pictures to come. Very excited about this, though if this does reduce my handspun yarn consumption it will drastically increase $ spent on fiber (sigh). Oh well, it was FUN!!! !!!!!! !!!!!! Yup, I liked it a lot. Hmm. I don't think I'm very witty before 1 a.m. I'll write again later and we can compare. xoxo, eling

No comments: