2.01.2006

My giant head.

Before I get to rambling, here're a few items that I sent to ebay (still experimenting with keeping some stuff there)... click on the pictures to go to the listings if you're interested (such shameless self-promotion, I know)... :


"south beach" and "fairy tale" (and don't get me started, I know "fairy tale" is not a place or food and thus does not fit into my general naming scheme, but I couldn't think of a place and I am saving the few candy names I haven't used for a bigger piece)

So, I just finished knitting a neckwarmer for mr. d. As I was finishing up, I realized, hmm, I never measure these things. I just continually hold them up to my head and neck as I get to the part where I think I'm getting "close". And this realization of how I "measure" got me to thinking about the subject of this entry.

Some of my friends know this, but I thought this would be interesting for those who don't know as much random crap about me: I have a disproportionately large head. Now, everyone I discuss this with SAYS that my head doesn't SEEM unnaturally large, but there is proof. mr. d, who is about 5' 8" and sort of stockily-built, not big but pretty broad-shouldered, well, his head is smaller than mine. This was a point of contention for awhile until finally one day we got a tape measure and measured. Yup, my head is bigger. For those of you who don't know, I am not quite 5' 2" and though I seem to keep gaining weight, I am your average small-boned female Asian build. MY HEAD IS ABOUT ONE INCH LARGER THAN MY MUCH LARGER THAN ME HUSBAND'S HEAD. And no, his head is not freakishly small.

To further emphasize my point, mr. l was over when we measured, and he is taller and bigger than mr. d. I would say that the average person meeting mr. l on the street would probably hesitate to mess with him (correct me if I'm wrong here, people who know). And I think mr. l himself would say that his head is not small. ms. f says so too, and she knows. AND MY HEAD IS A MERE ONE-HALF OF AN INCH SMALLER THAN MR. L'S HEAD. See? Disproportionately large. I'm going to start drawing myself as a lollipop.

Don't worry, I don't have a complex. Yet. Though I know my roommates senior year in college will tell some story about how I came home freaking out one day after we had our heads measured for our caps and spent the next 12 hours feverishly questioning all the other seniors I came across in my attempts to find someone with a noggin as big as mine. No, I don't have a complex. I do have a problem finding knit hats that are flattering, though. Any suggestions? 'Cause I think winter is going to be a while longer here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't help you with the big head problem, but thanks for the beautiful New Year card!

Anonymous said...

Your BBM4 package didnt get sent on time, in fact it is going out tomorrow 1st thing. I messed up my dates, and wrote tomorrow down as the mailing date, and when I went to my email to get your address I saw I goofed!!

Please accept my apologies! I'm hoping you'll like what Im sending and that'll help a little?

As soon as I get home from the PO early afternoon I will send you the confirmation number so you know it is safely on its way to you!

Anonymous said...

next time we get together, can we measure my head too? I bet you some hard cold cash I win... the biggest head wins you know. Its not a bad thing, except you are right about finding big enough hats...mrs.s

Anonymous said...

i got a big one too and am looking for solutions too :S