9.26.2007

food, friends + insanity. aka chicago.

It's now been just over a week since I got back from Chicago, and I am just starting to feel like I've mostly recovered from the insanity. Don't get me wrong. So much awesomeness occurred.

Renegade was amazing. Super-busy with lots of cool people, though the hours were a bit long (noon-10pm! both days). Some new displays + booth set-up were tested, and I was pretty pleased with the results:I got to see my yarns at Renegade Handmade, which was really neat! but I was too shy (and rushed) to take a pic of the shop. The store is adorable, if you're in the area you should definitely stop in.

Mostly, though, I was psyched to get to hang out with some of my favorite people! We stayed with ms. h, who d & I have crashed with our last few trips to Chicago. Poor ms. h is in law
school and very nicely puts up with us and the ridiculous quantities of traveling rhinos stuff I have in tow every time we blow in for a show. Thanks, ms. h!!

Adding to the excitement was the arrival of ms. p all the way from the islands. I recruited her
when I figured out that the show hours were way past what d would be able to stay and help me for. Mostly it was an excuse to hang out, though, since it seems like visits with friends only occur in conjunction with weddings nowadays. Me & ms. p arrived several days before Renegade in order to get some extra visiting days in. In other words, commence with the eating!That's green papaya salad at now-forgotten-named Thai restaurant, deep dish from Gino's East, and Italian + green tea cola at Potbelly's. I was not as diligent as I usually am with food photos, other food highlights without pics include: Big Bowl, Wow Bao (hot asian buns, tee hee!), Chicago hot dog and Ra, as well as a visit to the Vosges boutique. By the way-- deep dish pizza is one of the most unattractive foods I've ever photographed. YUMMY though.

ms. p and I even managed to get some sightseeing in:
The ubiquitous bean, Komodo dragons at the Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier from Lake Michigan boat, and dinosaur (Brachiosaurus?) friend at the Field Museum.

Good times. I'll save the not-as-fun-insanity part of the trip for the next post.

No comments: