6.29.2007

rewind, part 3

Since I've already blabbed about Renegade elsewhere, I will keep my talk here to our friends + the food. I'm never good about eating while at a show, so dinner is always a big deal. Especially when we're in New York. Since we live in a place that has less access to really authentic ethnic food, I always feel like I have to eat GREAT food whenever I can.

Last year when we stayed with mr. + mrs. sv we were all so beat after day 1 that we went back to their place and had takeout Chinese food. We were all so hungry that the food was delicious, but I was so exhausted that I fell asleep AT THE TABLE as soon as I stopped moving (chewing). Has never in my life happened before, and never again.

This year the show was at the McCarren Park Pool (don't the pool parties look fun?) so after
we packed up we headed over to My Moon, just a few blocks away. The food is described on free williamsburg as Mediterranean/Turkish and you could tell that it gets lounge/club-y after dark, but the food was INCREDIBLE. Definitely in the top 10 meals this year, no matter what else I eat from now 'til December.
my moon
Click through for more about each dish. I'm starting to drool just thinking about it.

They have really nice outdoor seating and we got to RELAX which was nice, since we rarely get to see mr. + mrs. sv and she had just spent all day (and would spend the whole next day) helping us! We didn't do anything else non-work-related, except shop at Renegade :)

Hopefully we'll get back soon. Thanks again, mr. + mrs. sv for all your help and for housing us + all my stuff!!

By the way, I recently sent our nice hosts this, which I MUST share here.

Yes, that is a luxury chocolate bar from Vosges made with BACON. Mo's Bacon Bar. I want to try this ourselves, but since they carry most of the Vosges bars at Whole Foods now, I keep hoping they'll show up at our local store so I won't have to pay hot-weather chocolate-shipping costs for one chocolate bar! If you haven't had these yet, run to your local Whole Foods and grab one!! My favorites are the Goji Bar and the Macha but honestly, they're all good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

REALLY?? Chocolate bacon?? hmm...i dunno about that. I will admit we Hawaiians put chocolate on a lot of things including dried ika (squid), but we're weird. ;-p